Automotive Service Porter
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: February 03, 2020
VBM Auto Group has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused Service Valet. The Service Valet will park and retrieve service clients' cars in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greets clients/ Escorts client to appropriate member
- Parks cars in designated areas
- Retrieves cars for clients
- Finds and installs license plates
- Replaces vehicle bulbs
- Notifies Assistant Service Manager or Estimator if client is waiting
- Keeps service drive free of vehicles
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Help clients transfer luggage or packages between cars
- Assists techs in moving inoperable vehicles
- Alerts Manager to any damage to clients’ vehicles
- Assists with housekeeping on the service drive keeping it clean and clear of debris
- Attends department meetings
No prior experience necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Including Driver's License)
Operator Driver's License (must be insurable).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Why VBM Auto Group?
"VBM is a company of people first. Without our incredible associates, we have nothing. Watching our people grow and thrive is our family’s greatest accomplishment. We celebrate milestones in their lives; buying a new home, building a family, or things as simple as getting a new car or going on vacation. We are not perfect. We are human beings. Ask any VBM associate and they will tell you that the pursuit of process and culture is endless. We were given 2 ears, 2 eyes, and one mouth. Listening to our associates to help improve is something we must do. Yes, we have career paths. Yes, we have great pay. Yes, we train the skill. These are the basics. The hard thing to do is create an environment where we can have fun at the same time. This is 'Why VBM Auto Group!' We know if you don’t enjoy the work place and the people you work with you won’t stay. Come be a part of something unique."
-From Shawn Vaughan, COO of VBM Auto Group